Public Privacy #5 ARIA
for sampler/voice and fixed media
Piano Cover is the second piece in the series Public Privacy for solo instrument and fixed media, in which a live performer enters into a dialogue with Youtube instrumentalists. The series explores the form I call Social Composing and the related question of the demarcation between the private and the public.
“Come into my inhabitable world”. With this spoken sentence the pianist opens Public Privacy #5 voice “Aria” and enters into an interplay between spoken words and triggered samples of a voice. The voice is sighing, soughing, singing. Is it possible to be touched in any way by a digital voice, by a sample? Is the digital revolution able to change our perception and our feelings, our relationships, our sense of building communities, to undertake them? Public Privacy#Aria invites us to enter the territory of an interplay between retrieval and creation.
- PUBLIC PRIVACY #1 Flute Cover
- PUBLIC PRIVACY #2 Piano Cover
- PUBLIC PRIVACY #3 Trumpet Cover
- PUBLIC PRIVACY #3.1 Trumpet Covered covered by trombone
- PUBLIC PRIVACY #4 E-Guitar “Leap in the dark”
- PUBLIC PRIVACY #6 voice “Bright No More”